Find Valuable Resources
Many clients have found these resources a helpful supplement to their therapy.
Our goal is to assist in providing your the best experience possible by providing you with tools to be both informed and empowered.
- ADHD & You provides information about ADHD and how it can be managed.
ADOPTION AND FOSTER FAMILIES
- Sylvia Thomas Center is a resource that provides comprehensive supports to adoptive and foster families.
- Book: The Primal Wound - Understanding the Adopted Child by Nancy Verrier
AUTISM & COMMUNICATION DISORDERS
- Social Stories help children to know what to expect and how to act appropriately in social settings.
- Book: The Explosive Child by Ross W. Greene, Ph.D.
- Lives in the Balance is a web-based resource on Dr. Greene’s model, as described in his books The Explosive Child and Lost at School.
BEHAVIOR & CHORE CHARTS
- The BiPolar Child is a website resource and book.
- Book: Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself by Melody Beattie
- Symptoms of Codependency
- The Bridge to Recovery: Overcoming Codependency
Book: Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by David D. Burns, M.D.
DRUG & ALCOHOL REHAB CENTERS
- Book: Adult Children: The Secrets of Dysfunctional Families by J. Friel & L. Friel
- Book: The Grief Recovery Handbook by J. James & R. Friedman
- Some have found this 14 Step Program, for both partners, as a map for healing.
- Book: How to Help Your Spouse Heal From Your Affair by Linda MacDonald
- 45 Book Suggestions for Children - New Siblings, New School, Death, Puberty, Sex, Bullying, Divorce, Remarriage, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, & Family Diversity
- Book: Why Marriages Succeed or Fail… and How You Can Make Yours Last by John M. Gottman, Ph.D.
- Book: The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John M. Gottman, Ph. D
- Love and Logic provides free parenting tips and advice.
- Be a Quitter! Free tools and services to help you get started.